We are starting a new weekly section for Toronto Is Fashion. Each week we will pick our favourite fashion stories and news and post them all for you to read. We’ve searched our favourite Toronto blogs and international websites to bring you some of the most interesting stories of the week.
- Sketchers has to pay a $40 million settlement because of false claims that Shape-Up shoes could make you lose weight and tone you thighs. We can’t believe that spokesperson Kim Kardashian lied to us! Read the full story on The Cut.
- After news that Top Models judges Nigel Barker, Jay Manuel and J. Alexander were fired, the new judges for the 19th cycle were announced. Find out who was picked as judges on The Huffington Post.
- The big news right now is the fashion at the Cannes Film Festival and WWD profiled the fashions from the Cannes Party Scene. See the best picks from Cannes here.
- The Bay will welcome the Rodarte sisters for a public meet and greet at the Queen Street location. Visit Styleblog.ca for the full details on the public appearance.
- The Backseat Stylers have launched The Canadian Street Style Lookbook, where they search for the best Canadian style on the internet. See the first edition of the Backseat Stylers: Street Style Lookbook here.
- Toronto Life picked their favourite 13 style icons for their list of best-dressed hall of fame. See who made the list on the Toronto Life’s The Goods blog.
- The girls at the Hip and Urban Girl’s Guide previewed the H&M Fall 2012 collection. See their favourite picks form the preview here.
- The grand re-opening of the H&M at Yorkdale Mall was this Thursday and customers were lining up early to get a look at the new third floor and redesigned store. Visit the MuchMusic VMA blog for pictures from the opening.