The Jazz Performance and Education Committee (JPEC) has paired up with Regent Park’s Paintbox Bistro for eleven nights of jazz music performances headlined by New York based jazz master Randy Weston.
The series of performances started with the January 11 set and will run through February with the last performance happening on February 15.
This every-Saturday night jazz series features international as well as local Canadian jazz artists while the audience is served African themed dishes from Regency Park’s Paintbox Bistro.
“Saturday Night Series” for the next 5 weeks:
Two sets 8 – 9 pm & 9:45-10:45 pm
· Sat. January 18, Kelly Jefferson & Kelsley Grant Sextet. Kelsley Grant (trombone), Kelly Jefferson (tenor saxophone), Adrean Farrugia (piano), Michael Davidson (vibes), Rich Brown (bass), Larnell Lewis (drums)
· Sat. January 25, Diana Panton (vocalist), Don Thompson (bass & piano), Reg Schwager (guitar)
· Sat. February 1, Maria Farinha (vocals & percussion), Andre Valerio (guitars), Kieran Overs (acoustic bass), Allison Au (alto saxophone & flute), Ethan Ardelli (drums)
· Sat. February 8, Brubeck/Braid – David Braid (piano), Matt Brubeck (cello)
· Sat. February 15, Luis Mario Ochoa Quintet, Hilario Duran (piano), Roberto Riveron (bass), Amhed Mitchel (drums), Luis Orbegoso (percussion)
· Student trios will perform from 6:30 – 7:30pm
Paintbox Bistro also offers exciting gift packages of live music and special food with music pairings: A Night-Out @ the Paintbox for $110.00 (Dinner & Jazz for 2), The Triplet for $330.00 (3 night Dinner & Jazz Shows for 2) or The Whole Shebang for $660.00 (6 night Dinner & Jazz Series for 2). Those who would like to purchase tickets can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 647.748.0555 as well as visit www.jpec.ca for more details on the jazz series.