Tomorrow night, Canada’s National Ballet School (NBS) will host its annual fundraising gala.
This year’s theme is ‘An Affair to Remember’, the elegant evening will include a 1950’s-inspired cocktail reception, gourmet Mediterranean dinner, a captivating performance by NBS’ students and a luxury raffle. Hosted at The Carlu in the heart of downtown Toronto, the venue will be transformed into a vibrant casino and lounge with live entertainment featuring popular songs from the 1950s.
We attended the fundraiser last year and can’t wait to see what the NBS has in store for guests this year! The event, presented by RBC Royal Bank, raises funds to provide financial assistance to NBS and plays a key role in the School’s annual fundraising, raising 35% of the annual goal in a single night.
When: Friday, March 6, 2015, Cocktails 6:15 p.m., Dinner & Performance 7:00 p.m., Casino & Lounge 10:00 p.m.
Where: The Carlu, 444 Yonge St., Toronto, ON
Event Tickets: An Affair to Remember Gala individual tickets are available at www.nbs-enb.ca/AffairToRememberGala
An Affair to Remember Gala Details
· Theme: An Affair to Remember, 1950’s glamour and elegance, set against the picturesque backdrop of the New York City skyline at architectural masterpiece, The Carlu
· Dinner: Exquisite four-course, gourmet Mediterranean dinner by à la Carte Kitchen Inc.
· Performance Repertoire: NBS students will present a range of works featuring both classical and contemporary choreography
· Raffle: $31,000 in prizes to be won, with the grand prize winner receiving a 5-night escape to Paris and the French Riviera from Quench Trip Design Ltd., valued at over $12,600
· Casino & Lounge: Presenting classic games such as blackjack, poker, roulette and craps
· Live Entertainment: Canadian soprano Antonella Cavallaro (www.antonellacavallaro.com) will grace guests with the finest love songs of the 1950’s era, including the theme song from An Affair to Remember (Our Love Affair)
· Special Feature: Young Patrons Tickets (ages 19 to 35) are available for $100 and include a ‘welcome’ wine reception with NBS student ambassadors, as well as performance, raffle, casino and lounge