Toronto Men’s Fashion Week (TOM*) has announced the return of TOM* Talks for the Spring/Summer 2016 season. A massive hit the past two seasons, the TOM* Talks speaker series covers a range of men-focused topics including men’s fashion, consumer trends, tips on how to dress and personal growth.
This season TOM* Talks takes it up a notch by presenting ‘The #Business of #MensFashion’, a single panel session on Tuesday, August 18 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at 444 Yonge Street, College Park. Attendees will explore the business side of men’s fashion, and will hear from influential leaders from the men’s fashion industry. The session will be followed by an intimate networking event with both speakers and attendees.’The #Business of #MensFashion’ will be a packed afternoon discussing the many business facets of the men’s segment of the fashion industry. Some topics that will be discussed include:
- How did men’s fashion has become a billion dollar business.
- How do you market men’s fashion to today’s men.
- The business of men’s fashion from the perspective of a menswear designer.
- The business of men’s fashion from a buyer’s standpoint.
- How to successfully run a retail store targeted towards men as opposed to women.
Tickets are now available on the TOM* website for $30 each before August 8 and for $45 each afterwards. Students tickets are also available for $10 each with valid ID.
TOM* is back at 444 Yonge Street, College Park August 17 to August 25 for a new season showcasing some of Canada’s most talented menswear designers.