STYLE INSPIRATION: This modern and sophisticated chignon captures the elements and intricate design details of the Marchesa collection, which was inspired by a botanical menagerie of caged birds and cascading florals. Below is tips from Antonio Corral Calero, Global Moroccanoil Ambassador, to recreate his style from the Marchesa Spring / Summer 2016 runway show.
GET THE LOOK:
- Apply Moroccanoil Treatment and a generous amount of Moroccanoil Heat Styling Protection to slightly damp hair. Blow dry straight and away from the face using the Moroccanoil Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Dryer and Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Classic Brush.
- Once thoroughly dry, create a deep middle part and then flat iron strands from mid-shaft to ends using the Moroccanoil Titanium Ceramic Hairstyling Iron.
- Gather hair into a sleek, tight, low ponytail and secure at the nape of the neck with an elastic. Mist with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray for maximum hold and shine.
- Twist the ponytail in a clockwise direction and then wrap into a tight bun, leaving 2” inches of the ends free and peeking out from the top of the chignon. Fan the exposed edges and set in place with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray to mimic the wing of a bird. Secure in place using hair pins.
- Set the style with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray, and add jeweled hair comb or accent accessory
Photo Credit for all images in this folder: Marchesa Spring / Summer 2016 Collection
Hair by Antonio Corral Calero, Global Moroccanoil Ambassador
Photography: David Webber for Moroccanoil